Updated: Dec 5, 2021
Spirituality, Life Coaching, Empowerment, Body, Mind Body Spirit, Positive Psychology, Women CEOs
Over 15 years ago, I started this morning routine that literally changed my life.
Instead of jumping out of my bed after hitting the snooze button 8xs, I started waking up early and doing this morning routine:
1. I wake up when the sun is rising and literally give thanks for a new day. It's such a great way to wake up in gratitude, and I love the quietness of dawning mornings.
2. After I brush my teeth and wash my face, I jump into my workout clothes and head to the kitchen for a big glass of room temperature water.
3. I pray to my Beloved Creator/Spirit and express myself in exactly the way I would speak to someone standing in front of me. I talk about my day, my intentions, what I have planned for the day and what I hope to accomplish. I also discuss any fears or worries I'm holding so that I can release them. I ask for divine support to guide my day so that I'm in alignment.
4. I read something positive and affirming. I have a few books I turn to regularly like 𝙐𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙡 𝙏𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙮: 𝘿𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝘿𝙚𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙎𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙂𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙙 by @iyanlavanzant and 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙈𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮 by @paul.selig.
5. I meditate and go in. Honestly, some days my meditation is awesome. Some days I have a running to-do list going on in my mind. I never judge my meditation but just allow myself the benefits that come from connecting with myself.
6. Remember, I already jumped into my workout clothes. So, depending on the temperature outside I'll head to the park with my hubby for a morning run, followed by a walk to the gym for strength training and stretching. On days when the temperature is too cold for me to tolerate, I head straight to the gym.
These days, there's a great deal of science that supports why this type of morning routine can transform your life, but long before I knew about the science, I just paid attention to how it made me feel. It's the feeling that this routine created that started changing my life.
Do you have a morning routine? What do you do?
#cynthiasantiagoborbon #therapist #therapy #lifecoaching #LatinaTherapist #WOCTherapist #LifeCoach #SpiritualLifeCoach #LatinaLifeCoach #newyorktherapist #newyorklifecoach #nylatinalifecoach #entrepreneurialcoach #dreammakers #dreammakerspodcast #morningmotivation #mindbodyspirit #spiritualgrowth #spiritualfitness #mindbodyconnection #mindbodysoul #spiritualwarrior #reclaimyourdreams